Monday 26 September 2011

Week 3: Infographic Development

I have continued to create my infographic within Photoshop. In my previous post I mentioned that within a group discussion I got feedback on how I could improve my infographic. One of the improvements was to use a blood splatter instead of a circle within my infographic. I have responded to this and added a blood splatter for information and images to be placed inside. In terms of the Thriller genre, the effect of the blood splatter suggests the genre more clearly than a simple circle. I have started creating the infographic and I will add the different contents into the infographic. Now that I have a basic structure of the infographic I can continue completing it.
The way in which I have been able to create an infographic for the genre of thriller, is by researching into the genre. I have written a document which shows my research into the Thriller genre, this document includes:
  • Typography
  • Images
  • Themes
  • Colour Schemes
  • Music
  • Synopsis
  • Characters
  • Existing Films
One main aspect which I believe is very important within the thriller genre is the music. I have researched into this and I have learnt what the music is like, the instruments they use and the pace of the music. I listened to some famous thriller soundtracks including:
  • The Sixth Sense
  • Jaws
  • Sin City
  • The Others
  • Black Swan
All of these films included instrumental music, mainly the string instruments. This could be because it adds to the suspense of the film with the instruments such as the Violin.

These are also the different content which I will be representing within my infographic. I have documented all of the content which I am including within my infographic, this has been adapted from my initial mind map.

No comments:

Post a Comment