Wednesday 12 October 2011

Week 5: Film Analysis Complete

I have now completed my Film Analysis, within this analysis I applied the genre analysis, auteur study and reception study. Through applying these analytical approaches to the films Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Edward Scissorhands and also Tim Burton as a director. I have been introduced to these analytical approaches and applying these has helped me in learning what analytical approaches are.I have learnt about the different aspects within the genre analysis, including: characters, setting and narrative in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
The auteur study on Tim Burton shows the trademarks (signatures) within his films. I discussed the mise-en-scene aspects, characters, sound, new technology and cast and crew. I have learnt a lot about Tim Burton as a director through applying the auteur theory to both films. I have learnt how he uses his trademarks within the film and that they are used within many of his films.
The reception study showed how Edward Scissorhands was received at time of release. This included: awards, reviews, total gross and ratings. Through researching into the reception of Edward Scissorhands I have learnt about the aspects which are considered when a film is released and how this kept a record of.
I have also submitted my research dossier which I wrote up. I created a document for my research which I had gained throughout the task. I included a bibliography of the websites, journal and books used throughout the film analysis task.
In my last post on this blog I have expanded about the different aspects included within my film analysis. This shows what I have learnt and applied throughout the film analysis.

Edward Scissorhands



Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

No comments:

Post a Comment