Monday 31 October 2011

Week 7: Development of Double Page Spread in Photoshop

I have started to create my double page spread within Photoshop. This comparative article focuses on the two versions of Hairspray (1988 & 2007). I have carried out research into exisitng double page spreads to analyse their layout. I have also researched into the graphics within Hairspray in products such as the Hairspray musical Brochure and the DVD Menu. I have gained the colour scheme from these products and applied it into my own double page spread. The colour scheme I am using are bright colours which are shown within the title of Hairspray. This colour scheme reflects the film as it is a very bright and happy film. I have also used the bold borders which are used within the Hairpray Brochure.
The image below shows an example of the border
Bold Border Used Around Images

I will create boxes with this border and insert information and images into these boxes. This will make the double page spread eye catching and interesting to read. From the DVD Menu I saw that the titles were presented as a 'hanging sign'. This reminded me of the 'Recording' sign when a show is recording, which reflects the nature of Hairspray as it is based around a musical TV show. The image below shows an example of the DVD menu with this element.
The Hanging Sign Element Relates to the Films Feature
of the TV Show


Below shows a simple layout of my double page spread. Within the boxes will be information and images related to the film. I will complete this double page spread by the end of this week (w/b 31st October).
My Double Page Spread Layout

No comments:

Post a Comment