Monday 17 October 2011

Week 6: Research for Film Remake Article

I have started my initial research into film remakes. For this task I am creating a double page spread with an article about a film remake. I will be comparing different aspects about the two films. These different aspects include:
  • Finance
  • Social/Political Issues
  • Stars
  • Trends
  • Genres
  • Exhibition and Distribution
  • Narrative
  • Technology- techniques and cinematography
  • Vertical/ Horizontal integration
  • Synergies between films
I have chosen the film Hairspray to compare (1988 and 2007). This is a film which I believed I can talk about the different aspects required and apply them to the films. There will be some clear comparisons within the article surrounding the narrative, social/ political issues and genres. The other aspects will be different and I will be able to compare the differences between these two films. By researching into the above aspects for Hairspray I understand the similarities and differences between the films. I have used the resources of the Internet and also an A Level Film Studies book. The Internet has provided me with the information regarding the film and books have given me information about the different aspects I need to write about.

I also understand that I am required to create a double page spread for the article. I have started researching into the layout of double page spreads in existing film magazines. From analysing these I have been able to see the font, images and layout used to make it a creative and eye catching article. I want my article to reflect the film, therefore it will use very bright colours as these types of colours reflect the mood of the film.
An initial idea for my double page spread is to have the hairspray can in the top right hand corner and then spraying the 'Hairspray' title into the centre of the page. This will be eye catching and when I have completed my research into existing double page spreads I can apply my findings into my own article.

Hairspray 1988
Hairspray 2007


No comments:

Post a Comment